Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader – automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The Warehouse Associate has a key role in ensuring that products are received, verified, stored, and transported to the sales floor or in the warehouse in a safe and efficient manner. Associates are also responsible for keeping the warehouse neat, tidy, and well maintained. This position includes a lot of lifting and carrying.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Receives, scans, verifies, and stores all incoming and overstock products according to established procedures and policies.
- Ships returns and completes proper paperwork.
- Provides the team with the necessary supporting processes to enhance the overall customer experience within the store through:
- Maintaining housekeeping disciplines in the warehouse in order to facilitate location of products by all staff.
- Responding to and handling customer and staff inquiries, requests, and concerns in a timely manner.
- Delivering and assembling merchandise as required.
- Reconciles inventory differences.
- Prepares merchandise for filing, sorts and fills merchandise carts for the retail floor.
- Is responsible for garbage disposal, cardboard recycling, and the disposal of broken products in accordance with store policy.
- Processes damaged and returned claims.
- Repairs broken packages as needed.
- Operates computer and scanning tools, and enters all relevant coding in Canadian Tire systems.
- Is responsible for the safe operation of all warehouse equipment (forklift, skyjack etc.).
- Handles dangerous goods and hazardous products according to established procedures.
Receives, scans, verifies, and stores all incoming and overstock products according to established procedures and policies.
•Provides the team with the necessary supporting processes to enhance the overall customer experience within the store through:
Maintaining housekeeping disciplines in the warehouse in order to facilitate location of products by all staff.
Prepares merchandise for filing, sorts and fillsmerchandise carts for the retail floor.
Is responsible for garbage disposal, cardboard recycling, and the disposal of broken products in accordance with store policy.
Operates scanning tools, and enters all relevant coding in Canadian Tire systems.
More about the position:
• Needs to be avaible to weekends plus 3 shift during the week
Ability to complete detail oriented retail tasks according to instructions and to demonstrate responsibility for outcomes.
Ability to work in a team environment that
provides assistance and support to co-workers to
achieve common goals. Ability to adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
• Positive attitude, punctuality, and solid work ethic.
More about the position:
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
Standing/walking for 8 hours.
Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
Lifting and turning repeatedly throughout the shift.
Ability to go up and down a ladder and stairs while carrying merchandise.
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Employment Verification
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Canadian Tire stores are owned and operated by independent Associate Dealers. Each Canadian Tire store has the sole and exclusive right to interview, select, hire and train their staff.