Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader – automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The Automotive Parts Associate works in a fast-paced automotive environment that involves constant interaction with customers in person and over the phone, with the use of a computerized automotive parts look-up system. The role also involves interaction with outside vendors using various ordering processes and systems and a responsibility for maintaining the automotive retail floor.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Provides excellent customer service and ensures an ongoing commitment to the needs of the customer and their vehicle.
- Directs or guides customer to the location of requested items.
- Responds to and handles customer inquiries, requests and concerns in a timely manner, over the phone and in person.
- Deals with challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Keeps up to date on in-store promotions, in-store deals, auto center specials and product locations.
- Sources and orders automotive parts for customers though authorized suppliers.
- Follows established procedures regarding the ordering and sale of parts to customers and the Service Department.
- Processes returns, warranties and castings as required.
- Tests and fills batteries. Tests starters and alternators. Operates the battery filling station as per training received.
- Stocks shelves and merchandise display areas using modules and planograms as guidelines.
- Maintains inventory accuracy and identifies/reports low stock levels.
- Operates computer and RF gun, and enters all relevant coding in Canadian Tire systems.
- Must be able to work weekdays, evenings and weekends
- Demonstrated automotive subject matter knowledge and interest.
- Basic math and typing skills.
- Good working knowledge of automotive parts lookup system.
- Ability to operate a cash register is an asset.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision with computerized systems.
- Experience in a similar role, in a Canadian Tire store or Automotive Service Centre, is considered an asset.
- Highly approachable, customer-oriented individual who thrives on offering exceptional service to customers.
- Strong communication skills, ability to listen carefully and to give precise instructions.
- Ability to work in a team environment that provides assistance and support to co-workers to achieve common goals.
- Ability to multitask, adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
- Positive attitude, punctuality and solid work ethic.
More about the position:
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Service Advisor, Department Manager and Service Manager.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise item may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
Our offering includes
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Flexible work hours
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Employment Verification
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Tire stores are owned and operated by independent Associate Dealers. Each Canadian Tire store has the sole and exclusive right to interview, select, hire and train their staff.