Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader – automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The Cashier team member works in a fast-paced environment that involves constant interaction with customers. This position requires delivering friendly and courteous service while processing customer purchases efficiently and correctly. This role involves the operation of a computerized cash register.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Operates cash register and all point of sales functions.
- Processes customer purchases efficiently, following standardized procedures.
- Accurately verifies merchandise quantities, descriptions and prices when processing customer purchases.
- Handles multiple customers in an effective and efficient manner.
- Deals with challenging situations and conflict resolution in a professional manner.
- Please provide your availabiliy to work as well if your in school/work
- Highly approachable, customer-oriented individual who thrives in offering exceptional service to customers.
- Available to work weekends
- Pay attention to details and organizational skills.
- Ability to multitask, adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
- Positive attitude, punctuality and solid work ethic.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision.
More about the position:
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Customer Service Representative, online order representative and Party City
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing/walking for 7 hours.
- Available to work 4 shifts plus weekends shifts.
- Please provide your availabiliy to work as well if your in school / work
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Check
- Employment Verifications
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit Check
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Canadian Tire stores are owned and operated by independent Associate Dealers. Each Canadian Tire store has the sole and exclusive right to interview, select, hire and train their staff.