Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader – automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The Pro Shop Associate is a team member with a passion for and experience in fishing and/or hunting who works in a Canadian Tire Associate Store Pro Shop. Their mission is to create an exceptional shopping experience for our fishing and hunting customers through professional and courteous customer service. The Pro Shop Associate interacts with customers while identifying their needs, assisting with finding products, explaining technical details of merchandise and making professional recommendations to assist customers in making informed buying decisions. This role also involves making suggestions for new products, ordering, communicating with vendors and maintaining the store such as stocking shelves, merchandising and general housekeeping.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Builds and maintains trust and relationships with customers and the community.
- Identifies and evaluates customers' needs, guides customers to the location of requested items and explains technical details of merchandise.
- Answers fishing/hunting and product related questions and provides professional advice related to product information, technical features and methods of operation by using their experience and knowledge in fishing/hunting.
- Suggests value-added and related products to customers to ensure they go home with what they need.
- Is conscious of customer safety and provides information on the laws, regulations and safety guidelines of fishing/hunting in the area.
- Responds to and handles customer inquiries, requests and concerns in a timely manner, over the phone and in person.
- Handles multiple customers in an effective, efficient and safe manner.
- Deals with challenging situations in a professional manner.
- Remains a product “expert” through continuously learning about new products, stays current with new trends, emerging technologies and keeps up to date on in-store deals and promotions in order to provide accurate information to customers.
- Stocks shelves and merchandises display areas using planograms as guidelines to ensure the Pro Shop is organized and fully stocked.
- Understands micro seasons and assists in seasonal floor merchandise moves.
- Assesses fishing/hunting market trends and the demand from the local community and suggests new products and ideas to attract and maintain customers
- Maintains inventory accuracy and identifies/reports low stock levels.
- Operates computer and RF gun and enters all relevant coding in Canadian Tire systems.
- Networks and maintains relationships with vendors and local community fishing/hunting organizations in a courteous and professional manner.
- Active fisher/hunter with a passion for outdoor activities and sports. Experience as a fishing/hunting guide is an asset.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in fishing/hunting (e.g. product knowledge, technical features, method of operations).
- Fishing – knowledge of various makes and models of fishing products, including rods, reels and equipment.
- Hunting – knowledge of various archery products, hunting equipment, hunting apparel, ammunition, firearms and related accessories.
- P.A.L. (Possession and Acquisition License) is required.
- Solid understanding of safety regulations and fishing/hunting laws and regulations.
- Must be 18 years of age to sell ammunition.
- Experience in a customer service role and/or experience with a Canadian Tire Store is considered an asset.
- Highly approachable, customer-oriented individual who thrives on offering exceptional service and professional advice to customers.
- Positive attitude, punctuality and solid work ethic.
- Ability to respond and handle retail/customer issues by using good judgment and logic in solving problems and making decisions.
- Effective communication skills and the ability to maintain professional communication.
- Ability to work in a team environment that provides assistance and support to co-workers to achieve common goals.
- Ability to complete retail tasks according to instructions and demonstrate responsibility for outcomes.
More about the position:
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Buyer, Merchandiser, Supervisor, Department Manager, Store Manager and General Manager.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing/walking for extended periods.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
Our offering includes
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Flexible work hours
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Employment Verification
- Criminal Background Check
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Canadian Tire stores are owned and operated by independent Associate Dealers. Each Canadian Tire store has the sole and exclusive right to interview, select, hire and train their staff.