Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader – automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The Human Resources Manager/Training Coordinator is responsible for all human resources administration and activities. This role includes recruiting and developing staff and management, monitoring and assigning staff training and managing employment and payroll programs. This role requires a high level of discretion and the safeguard of confidential information and may require the signing of a confidentiality agreement. The Human Resources Manager/Training Coordinator works closely with the Office Manager, General Manager and Associate Dealer.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Provides the store with the necessary training and development supports to enhance the overall customer experience within the store.
- Coordinates the recruitment and selection of new employees (e.g., reviewing application forms, resumes, interviewing etc.).
- Assists in assessing staffing needs and subsequently creates and issues required job postings.
- Implements training and professional development strategies in the store and takes action to align them with store initiatives and objectives.
- Coordinates store staff training, including e-Learning administration, communication and support, in collaboration with the respective Department Manager.
- Maintains necessary computers and software for training.
- Maintains employees' training records by assigning IDs and curriculum (CTU, CTDA Health & Safety, etc.) and ensuring completion of training programs.
- Monitors progress and provides feedback upon completion of orientation and training to the respective Department Manager.
- Follows up with Department Managers to ensure all employees complete the performance appraisal process.
- Maintains accurate and comprehensive personnel records, in accordance with minimum provincial standards.
- Assists with the preparation of formal communications to employees and with the preparation and mailing/distribution of general correspondence and reports as required.
- Maintains records and compile statistical reports concerning personnel-related data such as training completion, User IDs, productivity report, turnover report, performance appraisals, benefits and absenteeism rates.
- Maintains accurate records on a variety of HR related documents i.e. payroll register and worker's compensation forms.
- Assists as required with payroll and benefits administration, including profit sharing.
- Ensures the accuracy of preliminary payroll reports, time sheets and spreadsheets.
- Ensures compliance of all legislative requirements and responds to government agencies as required.
- Develops and implements policies, programs, and procedures related to Human Resources and Training.
- Assists as required with staff scheduling and labor budget.
- Reports any conflict for resolution to Associate Dealer and/or General Manager.
- Communicates and ensures compliance with company, store, and department policies, as well as, health and safety programs and regulations.
- Maintains and promotes safety and security procedures, and ensures team member compliance.
- Assists in coordination of social events and in the administration of Jumpstart Program.
- Actively participates in management meetings.
- Post secondary education or equivalent.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in an HR related field.
- Good understanding of Human Rights, Employment Standards and Health and Safety Legislation.
- Proficient in office software systems, Microsoft Word and Excel, and in payroll systems.
- Demonstrated supervisory, leadership, and/or managerial experience, or relevant experience.
- Possesses strong oral and written communication skills.
- Highly approachable individual who possesses solid administrative skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work in a professional manner and to inspire others confidence and trust.
- Strong team-oriented approach.
- Ability to motivate and coach others as well as provide feedback.
- Ability to plan, organize, delegate and follow up on team's activities and projects.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions.
- Ability to multitask, adapt and cope with challenging situations.
More about the position:
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Office Manager and Store Manager.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Sitting for 8 hours.
- Able to type at a computer terminal for a period of 8 hours.
Our offering includes
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Flexible work hours
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Check
- Employment Verifications
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit Check
Canadian Tire stores are owned and operated by independent Associate Dealers. Each Canadian Tire store has the sole and exclusive right to interview, select, hire and train their staff.