Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader – automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
As a member of the store's Management team, the Promotions Manager is responsible for managing the weekly in-store promotions and ensuring that the feature area(s) have a good combination of seasonally relevant and 300 deal merchandise, in store specials, impulse items and regular merchandise.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Encourages and maintains a culture that values excellent customer service to all customers through effective training, supervision, coaching and performance management.
- Holds team members accountable for providing an excellent customer experience and recognizes those who excel in it.
- Maintains quality presentation, through daily inspections and ensuring all store audit performance requirements are met in the department.
- Monitors and improves the productivity of the promotions team through strong leadership, motivation and team building.
- Keeps abreast of upcoming promotions and plans resources and timelines accordingly for the maintenance of the feature areas within the store budget.
- Develops and maintains a weekly plan for current and upcoming deals and advises the Management Team of the promotional plans.
- Executes the weekly deals and ensures the promotional items are placed and priced appropriately in the feature areas.
- Advises appropriate personnel of any products that may require special pricing for sell after the deal.
- Communicates any product shortages prior to the deal to the Store Manager.
- Identifies location of all promotional products in the feature area for all staff.
- Ensures that all feature areas are topped up, faced and ready for business before the end of day.
- Manages the sell through of 99 and 199 products, in store specials, FMA products.
- Manages and maintains bulk product, ensuring all products are displayed on the retail floor.
- Fills product from the overstock areas to the floor in all departments.
- Follows the store filling procedure in order to fill the shelves. Uses the proper tools and technology.
- Experience in retail sales, execution and operations.
- Demonstrated supervisory, leadership and/or managerial experience or relevant experience.
- Experience in a Canadian Tire store is considered an asset.
- Results-oriented individual who thrives on achieving challenging goals.
- Ability to serve customers in a professional manner and to inspire their confidence and trust.
- Ability to lead and manage a team to achieve common goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to motivate and coach others as well as provide feedback.
- Ability to plan, organize, delegate and follow up on team's activities and projects.
- Ability to find solutions to problems and make decisions.
- Ability to multi-task, adapt and cope with challenging situations.
More about the position:
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Department Manager Position.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
Our offering includes
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Check
- Employment Verifications
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit Check
Canadian Tire stores are owned and operated by independent Associate Dealers. Each Canadian Tire store has the sole and exclusive right to interview, select, hire and train their staff.