Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader – automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
As a member of the store's Management Team, the Department Manager contributes to the success of the store by communicating the business objectives of the store to his/her team. The Department Manager is responsible for managing and leading the department in providing high quality workmanship and service that ensures customer satisfaction. He/she ensures that the department team consistently meets performance expectations in terms of customer experience, sales growth, retail execution and profitability.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Encourages and maintains a culture that values excellent customer service to all customers through effective training, supervision, coaching and performance management.
- Leads by example, consistently delivering an excellent customer experience. Monitors and improves departmental productivity through strong leadership, motivation and team building.
- Holds team members accountable for providing an excellent customer experience and recognizes those who excel in it.
- Follows up on work and projects on the floor in order to measure progress and address issues immediately, while being visible and available for team members and customers.
- Maintains quality department presentation, through daily inspections and ensuring all store audit performance requirements are met in the department (e.g., number of holes, labels, top shelf storage, rain check posted for out of stock items, cleanliness, facing, fixtures are stored away when not in use, etc.).
- Ensures department is appropriately staffed through effective planning, scheduling and managing daily/weekly/seasonal activities, store budget and works with the team to execute them.
- Provides support to cashiers and customer service representatives for cash pickups, cash closing, warranties, returns, guarantees, etc.
- Communicates and ensures compliance with company, store and department policies, as well as health and safety programs and regulations.
- Assists in selecting and orientating new employees, store opening and closing responsibilities.
- Coaches and encourages team members in learning new retail operational processes, procedures and new skills in order to improve performance. Regularly provides informal and constructive feedback.
- Addresses issues and conflicts in a timely manner.
- Results oriented individual experienced in retail sales, execution and operations.
- Demonstrated supervisory, leadership and / or managerial experience in a fast-paced customer service-oriented environment.
- Good working knowledge of departmental products and functions with the ability to serve customers in a professional manner and inspire their confidence and trust.
- Detail oriented, ability to multitask, adapt and cope with changing and challenging situations.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to motivate and coach others as well as provide feedback.
- Ability to plan, organize, delegate and follow up on team's activities and projects.
- Ability to find solutions to problems and make decisions.
- Ability to operate a cash register is an asset.
- Experience in a Canadian Tire Store is an asset.
- Ability to work effectively with EFDs, scanners and computerized systems.
More about the position:
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Store Manager and General Manager.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
Our offering includes
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Learning and Development opportunities
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Employment Verification
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Canadian Tire stores are owned and operated by independent Associate Dealers. Each Canadian Tire store has the sole and exclusive right to interview, select, hire and train their staff.