Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader – automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The Automotive Back Parts Window Associate works in a fast-paced auto service environment and supports Automotive Licensed Technicians in locating and providing the right parts for auto repairs in the Automotive Service Centre. This role involves the use of a computerized automotive parts and service look-up systems, which includes estimates for repair orders, ordering, controlling and maintaining inventory accuracy.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Responds to and handles internal and external customer inquiries, requests and concerns in a timely manner.
- Ensures that the Automotive Service Center team maximizes the customer experience by sourcing, stocking and providing timely and correct vehicle components as requisitioned by the customers and/or Licensed Automotive Technicians.
- Serves Licensed Automotive Technicians and processes their requests for parts and tires.
- Liaises with Automotive Service Centre staff to inform immediately of all received parts and tire orders.
- Sources and orders automotive parts, shop supplies and products through authorized suppliers.
- Quotes parts and tire pricing and availability.
- Maintains and controls accuracy of inventory, including shop specialty tools.
- Tests and fills batteries. Tests starters and alternators. Operates the battery filling station as per training received.
- Liaises with Automotive Service Centre staff to ensure estimates are accurate and professionally formatted.
- Stocks shelves in storage display areas.
- Processes returns, warranties and castings as required.
- Canditate Must Have previous Experince for this position
- Demonstrated automotive subject matter knowledge and interest.
- Basic math and typing skills.
- Effective working knowledge of automotive parts lookup system.
- Experience in a similar role, in a Canadian Tire store or Auto Service Centre, is considered an asset.
- Certified in transportation of dangerous goods training would be an asset.
- Ability to serve customers in a professional manner and to inspire their confidence and trust.
- Detail-oriented individual who completes tasks according to instructions and demonstrates responsibility for outcomes.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment that provides assistance and support to co-workers to achieve common goals.
- Ability to plan and organize daily tasks.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
More about the position:
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Service Advisor, Department Manager, Warehouse Manager and Service Manager.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
Our offering includes
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Flexible work hours
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Employment Verification
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Canadian Tire stores are owned and operated by independent Associate Dealers. Each Canadian Tire store has the sole and exclusive right to interview, select, hire and train their staff.