Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader – automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The Office Associate is responsible for conducting administrative and office work for the store. The Office Associate handles and protects sensitive and confidential information on a daily basis. This role requires a high level of discretion and the safeguard of confidential information. This role may also require the signing of a confidentiality agreement.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Performs bookkeeping activities including accounts payable/accounts receivable.
- Audits refunds, voids, price overrides, special coupons, staff discounts, for retail and service centre.
- Assists in reconciling flex and other corporate statements, house accounts and maintains supporting documentation.
- Processes all claims, rebates and adjustments.
- Prepares payroll (taxes and deductions) and maintains accurate personnel records, including compensation and benefits, as required.
- Balances cash and prepares bank deposits.
- Sorts and manages incoming and outgoing mail.
- Prepares and sends correspondence.
- Ensures adequate supply of office stationary.
- Assists with inventory control and IT systems.
- Assists in coordination of social events.
- Assists the office manager in ensuring compliance with all applicable federal and provincial regulations, including the Pay Equity Act (Ontario & Quebec).
- Experience in an office role.
- Open to work in other areas of the store.
- Proficient in office software systems, Microsoft Word and Excel, payroll systems and bookkeeping.
- Results-oriented individual who possesses solid organizational abilities with strong attention to detail.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a professional manner and to inspire others' confidence and trust.
- Ability to work in a team environment that provides assistance and support to co-workers to achieve common goals.
- Ability to plan, organize, delegate and follow up on tasks, activities and projects.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions.
- Ability to multitask, adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
- Positive attitude, punctuality and solid work ethic.
More about the position:
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Computer Operator, Department Manager, Officer Manager and Store Manager.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Sitting for 8 hours.
- Able to type at a computer terminal for a period of 8 hours.
Our offering includes
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Flexible work hours
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Check
- Employment Verifications
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit Check
Canadian Tire stores are owned and operated by independent Associate Dealers. Each Canadian Tire store has the sole and exclusive right to interview, select, hire and train their staff.