Cashier Manager – Newmarket
Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader – automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
As a member of the store's Management Team, the Cashier Manager helps create an enjoyable customer shopping experience by ensuring that the checkout and customer service areas operates efficiently with friendly and informed staff. Cashier scheduling and monitoring customer traffic flow at the front of the store are key aspects of this position.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Encourages and maintains a culture that values excellent customer service to all customers through effective training, supervision, coaching and performance management.
- Holds team members accountable for providing excellent customer service and recognizes those who excel in it.
- Implements and follows store policies and procedures that prioritize customers, provide high quality service and improve customer satisfaction.
- Ensures efficient customer traffic flow at the front of the store.
- Works actively with the Management Team to improve the level of customer service.
- Is visible and available to employees and customers.
- Leads by example and consistently displays excellent customer service.
- Maintains quality department presentation, through daily inspections of cashier and customer service representative area and ensuring all store audit performance requirements are met in the department.
- Monitors and improves the productivity of the cashier and customer service representative team through strong leadership, motivation and team building.
- Provides assistance and backup to cashiers and customer service representatives when required.
- Maintains cashier supplies and equipment.
- Plans and manages daily/weekly departmental activities and works with team to execute them.
- Ensures department is appropriately staffed through effective planning and scheduling and according to store budget and customer needs.
- Verifies cashier balances.
- Provides staff support through effective supervision, coaching and performance management.
- Communicates and ensures compliance with company, store and department policies, as well as health and safety programs and regulations.
- Maintains and promotes safety and security procedures and ensures team member compliance with those procedures.
- Participates in training and ensures team member training is completed on time, as required (including Canadian Tire University training).
- Assists in selecting and orientating new employees, store opening and closing responsibilities.
- Coaches and encourages team members in learning new retail operational processes and procedures and new skills in order to improve performance. Regularly provides informal and constructive feedback.
- Addresses issues and conflicts in a timely manner.
- Organizes and conducts regular staff meetings and actively participates in Management meetings.
- Experience in retail and front-end operations.
- Customer and employee conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to operate cash register.
- Basic math and typing skills.
- Experience in a Canadian Tire store is considered an asset.
- Strong orientation towards customer service excellence.
- Results-oriented individual who thrives in achieving challenging goals in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Ability to lead and manage a team to achieve common goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to motivate and coach others as well as provide feedback.
- Ability to plan, organize, delegate and follow up on team?s activities and projects.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and ability to make decisions.
- Ability to multitask, adapt and cope with challenging situations.
More about the position:
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Department Manager, Store Manager and General Manager.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
Our offering includes
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Flexible work hours
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Check
- Employment Verifications
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit Check
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Canadian Tire stores are owned and operated by independent Associate Dealers. Each Canadian Tire store has the sole and exclusive right to interview, select, hire and train their staff.