Tire Installer/Lube Technician – Brampton (Shopper's World Mall)
Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader – automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The Automotive Service Installer works in a fast-paced Automotive Service Centre environment. Key responsibilities include oil and lube service, tire installation, tire rotation and balancing and light vehicle maintenance and repairs. Communication skills and a good, working knowledge of most automobiles and light trucks are essential to succeed in this position. The Service Installer builds customer loyalty and retention through trust, workmanship and reputation.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Performs lube, oil and filter changes.
- Removes, installs, rotates and balances tires.
- Performs minor repairs, maintenance, inspections and basic tune ups that do not require the presence of a Licensed Automobile Technician.
- Administers drive clean emission tests (only in specific provinces).
- Performs Registered Imported Vehicles (RIV) inspections.
- Services transmission.
- Provides an excellent customer experience by ensuring an ongoing commitment to the needs of the customer and their vehicle.
- Performs customer vehicle maintenance and repairs, as requested.
- Assists in explaining procedures and repairs and any additional required maintenance work to customers, in an effort to attain a trusting relationship and long-term retention.
- Liaises with Service Manager/Service Advisors/Licensed Automobile Technicians and Back Parts Window Associate in order to ensure a smooth flow of communication during repairs or maintenance work and that all commitments are achieved.
- Provides accurate estimates and written vehicle reports for all work performed. Performs tasks in compliance with industry flat rate time allowances.
- Provides quality workmanship to meet or exceed industry standards.
- Ensures that an unsafe vehicle is reported to management and vehicle owner.
- Ensures vehicles are kept clean and free of damage by using seat covers and floor mats.
- Retains used parts for the customer on request.
- Knowledge of current automobile technology.
- Valid driver's licence for province of employment.
- Experience in a similar role, in a Canadian Tire Automotive Service Centre, is considered an asset.
- Ability to work effectively with computerized systems.
- Good working knowledge of CoStar is considered an asset.
- Basic math skills.
- Strong orientation towards customer service excellence.
- Ability to serve customers in a professional manner and to inspire their confidence and trust.
- Results-oriented individual who completes tasks according to instructions and demonstrates responsibility for outcomes.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment.
- Ability to work in a team environment that provides assistance and support to co-workers to achieve common goals.
- Ability to plan and organize daily tasks.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
More about the position:
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Apprenticeship Program, Licensed Automotive Technician, Service Advisor and Service Manager.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise item may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
Our offerings include
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Flexible work hours
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Employment Verification
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Canadian Tire stores are owned and operated by independent Associate Dealers. Each Canadian Tire store has the sole and exclusive right to interview, select, hire and train their staff.