Automotive Parts Supervisor – Chelmsford
Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader – automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The Supervisor contributes to the success of a store by communicating the retail objectives of their respective department to the team. This role is responsible for assisting the Department Manager in managing and leading the department in providing high quality workmanship and service that ensures customer satisfaction. He/she assists the Department Manager and the team in consistently meeting performance expectations in terms of customer experience, sales growth, retail execution, and profitability.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Encourages and maintains a culture that values an excellent customer experience through effective training, supervision, and coaching.
- Leads by example and consistently delivers an excellent customer experience.
- Holds team members accountable for providing an excellent customer experience and recognizes those who excel in it.
- Works as a team with other departments to provide an excellent customer experience.
- Assists the Department Manager in maintaining quality department presentation, through daily inspections and ensuring all store audit performance requirements are met in the department.
- Supervises and assists team members in daily departmental operations in order to meet established productivity goals.
- Assists the Department Manager in following up on work and projects on the floor in order to measure progress and address issues immediately, while being visible and available for team members and customers.
- Maintains department inventory and fullness through accurate stock levels and bin caps.
- Informs team on in-store promotions, in-store deals, and new product locations.
- Assists with planning and managing daily/weekly departmental activities as well as seasonal changeovers, and works with the team to execute them.
- Provides support to cashiers and customer service representatives for cash pickups, cash closing, warranties, returns, guarantees, etc.
- Assists in the orientation and training of new employees, store opening and closing responsibilities.
- Assists in organizing and conducting regular department team meetings.
- Experience in retail sales, execution, and operations.
- Demonstrated supervisory, leadership, and/or managerial experience, or relevant experience.
- Ability to operate cash register is an asset.
- Basic math and keyboarding skills.
- Experience in a Canadian Tire store is considered an asset.
- Highly approachable, customer-oriented individual who thrives on offering exceptional service to customers.
- Effective written and oral communication skills and the ability to maintain professional communication, even in challenging situations.
- Ability to complete retail tasks according to instructions and to demonstrate responsibility for outcomes.
- Ability to assist in leading and managing others to achieve common goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to motivate and coach others.
- Ability to resolve retail and/or customer issues.
- Ability to adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
- Ability to find solutions to problems and make decisions.
- Positive attitude, punctuality, and solid work ethic.
More about the position:
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Department Manager and Store Manager.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
Our offering includes
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Flexible work hours
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Check
- Employment Verifications
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit Check
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Canadian Tire stores are owned and operated by independent Associate Dealers. Each Canadian Tire store has the sole and exclusive right to interview, select, hire and train their staff.