Customer Service Associate – Penticton
Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader – automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The Customer Service Representative works directly with customers and employees, handling inquiries, product returns, exchanges and sales transactions efficiently and professionally. Customer service and computerized cash register proficiency is essential for success in this position to enhance the customer experience.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Deals with challenging situations and conflict resolution in a professional manner.
- Responds to and handles multiple customer inquiries, requests and concerns in a timely manner, over the phone and in person.
- Processes returns and exchanges using the computerized system and customer purchases efficiently, following standardized procedures.
- Operates cash register, computer, fax machine, printer and electronic funds terminals, and enters all relevant coding in Canadian Tire systems.
- Provides announcements professionally through a public-address system.
- Follows established policies and procedures on returns and rain checks.
- Maintains merchandise around the customer service area and ensures that retail basics are executed efficiently.
- Accurately verifies merchandise quantities, descriptions and price.
- Balances cash and is aware of amount of cash on hand.
- Must be availiable to work evenings and weekends.
- Highly approachable, customer-oriented individual who thrives in offering exceptional service to customers.
- Strong belief in the Canadian Tire Values of honesty, integrity, and respect.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to complete detail oriented retail tasks according to instructions and to demonstrate responsibility for outcomes.
- Ability to work in a team environment that provides assistance and support to co-workers to achieve common goals.
- Ability to resolve retail and/or customer issues.
- Ability to multitask, adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
- Positive attitude, punctuality, and solid work ethic.
More about the position:
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Merchandiser, Cashier Supervisor, and Department Manager.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
Our offering includes:
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Flexible work hours
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Employment Verification
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Tire stores are owned and operated by independent Associate Dealers. Each Canadian Tire store has the sole and exclusive right to interview, select, hire and train their staff.