Store Manager – Port Coquitlam
Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader – automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The Store Manager contributes to success in the store by providing a consistent retail floor presence and direct support to the Department Managers. He/she is responsible for ensuring that the retail floor consistently meets performance expectations in terms of customer experience and retail execution. This role involves a close working relationship with the Dealer, General Manager and Department Managers.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Encourages and maintains a culture that values an excellent customer experience to all customers through effective training, supervision, coaching and performance management.
- Constantly reinforces the need to prioritize customers and sets up realistic expectations on task delivery through retail metrics.
- Provides a strong floor presence and interfaces regularly with customers to assess customer experience.
- Leads by example by consistently delivering an excellent customer experience.
- Responds to formal complaints in order to maintain customer loyalty at the highest possible level.
- Maintains community relations in order to build and enhance the image of Canadian Tire.
- Holds team members accountable for providing an excellent customer experience and recognizes those who excel in it.
- Recruits, develops, motivates, recognizes and holds the Management Team accountable to meet established objectives and targets for sales and profitability in their respective departments.
- Monitors and improves the productivity of the Management Team through strong communication, motivation, team building and effective scheduling.
- Plans, organizes, delegates and follows up on work and projects on the retail floor in order to achieve and measure team goals.
- Is accountable to achieve sales goals, productivity and customer experience targets set by the Associate Dealer and/or General Manager.
- Leadership and senior managerial experience in the retail or similar industry.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of retail and financial principles.
- Excellent knowledge of market trends and competition in the retail and automotive service industry.
- Proven track record in retail sales, retail execution and operations in a management role is required.
- Ability to understand and operate POS and inventory computer systems is considered an asset.
- Experience in a Canadian Tire store is considered an asset.
- Strong orientation towards customer service excellence.
- Entrepreneurial and results-oriented individuals who possess solid organizational skills.
- Ability to lead and manage a team to achieve common goals in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to motivate and coach others as well as provide feedback.
- Ability to plan, organize, delegate and follow up on team's activities and projects.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and ability to make ambiguous decisions.
- Ability to multitask, adapt and cope with challenging situations.
More about the position:
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: General Manager and Associate Dealer.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
Our offering includes
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Flexible work hours
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Check
- Employment Verifications
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit Check
Canadian Tire stores are owned and operated by independent Associate Dealers. Each Canadian Tire store has the sole and exclusive right to interview, select, hire and train their staff.