Sports and Pro Shop (Hunting and Firearms) Sales Associate – Langford – Victoria (Canwest Mall)
Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader – automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The Sales Associate team member works in a fast-paced environment that involves constant interaction with customers, delivering friendly and courteous service while explaining product benefits and fulfilling customer needs. This role also involves store maintenance such as stocking shelves, merchandising and general housekeeping.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Provides excellent customer service to all customers entering the department by smiling, greeting customers and selling products.
- Connects with customers by sharing knowledge and experience of products.
- Identifies and evaluates customers” needs, guides customers to the location of requested items and explains technical details of merchandise.
- Handles multiple customers in an effective, efficient and safe manner (e.g., never brings out more than one gun at a time).
- Remains a product “expert” through continuously learning about new products, stays current with new trends, emerging technologies and keeps up to date on in-store deals and promotions in order to provide accurate information to customers.
- Assists customers with hunting licenses and fishing licenses.
- Stocks shelves and merchandises display areas to ensure sporting goods is organized and fully stocked.
- Operates computer and EFD gun and enters all relevant coding in Canadian Tire systems.
- Complies with company, store and department policies.
- Assists with other Sports Department tasks as required.
- Firearms sales positions require a Possession and Acquisition License (PAL)
- Criminal Record Check
- Flexible availability. Must be available for some weekend and evening shifts
- Comfortable with technology
- Ability to provide professional customer service
- Ability to maintain composure and work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to remain productive at all times through self-direction when necessary
- Organizational ability and attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task
- Punctual and reliable
- Effective communication skills
More about the position:
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise item may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
Our offering includes
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Flexible work hours
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Employment Verification
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Tire stores are owned and operated by independent Associate Dealers. Each Canadian Tire store has the sole and exclusive right to interview, select, hire and train their staff.