Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader – automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The Licensed Automotive Technician works in a fast-paced auto service environment, providing superior expertise to customers and the automotive team in automotive systems, diagnostics and repairs. Communication skills are essential to succeed in this position. The Licensed Automotive Technician builds customer loyalty and retention through trust, workmanship and reputation.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Performs accurate and complete vehicle inspections, diagnostics, estimates and repairs.
- Completes and reviews repair orders and vehicle inspection reports with Service Advisors and explains any additional maintenance work required to customers in an effort to attain a trusting relationship and long-term retention.
- Liaises with Management/Service Advisors/Installers and Back Parts Window Associate to ensure a smooth flow of communication during repairs or maintenance work and that all commitments are achieved.
- Provides quality workmanship to meet or exceed industry standards and performs tasks in compliance with industry flat rate time allowances.
- Ensures that an unsafe vehicle is reported to management and the vehicle owner.
- Ensures vehicles are kept clean and free of damage by using seat covers and floor mats.
- Performs daily bay inspections in order to ensure shop neatness/cleanliness.
- Remains current with up-to-date knowledge of the operation, maintenance and repair of most domestic and imported vehicles.
- knowledge of current automobile technology.
- Valid mechanic's license and driver's licence for province of employment.
- Ability to work effectively with computerized systems.
- Good working knowledge of CoStar is considered an asset.
- Ability to serve customers in a professional manner and to inspire their confidence and trust.
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced, customer-focused environment.
- Strong communication skills, ability to listen carefully and to give precise instructions.
- Ability to plan, organize, delegate and follow-up on daily tasks.
- Ability to resolve problems and make decisions.
- Ability to work in a team environment to achieve common goals.
- Ability to adapt and cope with pressure.
More about the position:
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Service Advisor, Department Manager and Service Manager.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
Our offerings include
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Flexible work hours
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Employment Verification
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Canadian Tire stores are owned and operated by independent Associate Dealers. Each Canadian Tire store has the sole and exclusive right to interview, select, hire and train their staff.