Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader – automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The General Manager is responsible and accountable for building and managing a team that will consistently meet the Associate Dealer's performance expectations in terms of sales growth, retail execution, customer experience and profitability. The role of General Manager requires a close working relationship with the Associate Dealer and the Management Team.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Encourages and maintains a culture that values an excellent customer experience to all customers through effective training, supervision, coaching and performance management.
- Constantly reinforces the need to prioritize customers and sets up realistic expectations on task delivery through retail metrics.
- Leads by example and consistently delivers an excellent customer experience.
- Responds to formal complaints in order to maintain customer loyalty at the highest possible level.
- Maintains community relations in order to build and enhance the image of Canadian Tire.
- Holds team members accountable for providing an excellent customer experience and recognizes those who excel in it.
- Recruits, develops, motivates, recognizes and holds the Management Team accountable to meet established objectives and targets for sales and profitability in their respective departments.
- Plans, organizes, delegates and follows up on work and projects in all areas of the store in order to achieve and measure team goals.
- Holds the Department Managers accountable for the training and development of all staff.
- Is accountable to achieve sales goals, productivity and customer service targets set by the Associate Dealer.
- Develops and implements all store policies and procedures.
- Communicates and ensures compliance with company, store and department policies, as well as health and safety programs and regulations.
- Maintains the utmost in professional appearance, communications and standards.
- Ensures that there is a training structure and that professional development strategies are implemented within the store.
- Builds and maintains rapport with internal and external customers or vendors as required.
- Leadership and senior managerial experience in the retail or similar industry.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of retail and financial principles.
- Excellent knowledge of market trends and competition in the retail and automotive service industry.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience retail sales, retail execution and operations in a management role is required.
- Good working knowledge of each department's products and functions.
- Ability to understand and operate POS and inventory computer systems.
- Experience in a Canadian Tire store is considered an asset.
- Strong belief in the Canadian Tire Values of honesty, integrity and respect.
- Entrepreneurial and results-oriented individuals who possess solid organizational skills.
- Strong team-oriented approach.
- Strong communication skills.
- Proactive problem-solving skills and ability to make ambiguous decisions.
- Ability to multitask, adapt and cope with challenging situations.
More about the position:
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: General Manager in a larger store and Associate Dealer.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Standing/walking for 8 hours.
- Lifting and/or carrying of merchandise items, as required, on a regular, frequent and unassisted basis. Merchandise items may vary in weight from “light” to “heavy”.
Our offering includes
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Flexible work hours
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Reference Check
- Employment Verifications
- Criminal Background Check
- Credit Check
We are committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace for all. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise us of any accommodations needed to ensure fair and equitable access throughout the recruitment and selection process.
Canadian Tire stores are owned and operated by independent Associate Dealers. Each Canadian Tire store has the sole and exclusive right to interview, select, hire and train their staff.