Are you ready to join Canada's most-shopped general merchandise retailer, with over 500 stores from coast to coast?
Canadian Tire offers customers a unique mix of products and services through three specialty categories in which the organization is the market leader – automotive parts, accessories and service; sports and leisure products; and home products.
Canadian Tire offers competitive compensation packages including; benefits, potential for profit sharing, extensive training, and career opportunities from within and across the country at the Canadian Tire Retail stores.
The Computer Operator position is a supporting role to the store's overall operations. Key responsibilities include data entry, computer maintenance and troubleshooting on POS and inventory systems.
Main Responsibilities and Tasks:
- Enters and maintains data in computer operating systems and runs necessary reports.
- Performs back-ups and upgrades on front-end and back-end systems.
- Adjusts data/inventory/pricing information on all systems.
- Activates/deactivates and ensures promotional deals are on schedule.
- Prints signs, labels and merchandising lists, where applicable.
- Coordinates price changes with sales floor staff after making adjustments.
- Ensures that all computer equipment and cash registers are in proper working order and arrange for maintenance, repairs and system recovery when required.
- Handles assigned incoming/outgoing reports and messages for the Dealer and/or Store Management.
- Communicates relevant information from Canadian Tire Corporation's portal to respective Store Management and staff.
- Basic math and typing skills.
- Knowledge of computer operating systems.
- Experience in a similar role is considered an asset.
- Strong orientation towards customer service excellence.
- Results-oriented individual who possesses solid organizational skills.
- Effective written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to complete detail-oriented tasks according to instructions and to demonstrate responsibility for outcomes.
- Ability to work in a team environment that provides assistance and support to co-workers to achieve common goals.
- Ability to troubleshoot and quickly resolve issues in a fast?paced environment.
- Ability to multitask, adapt and cope with challenging and changing situations.
- Positive attitude, punctuality and solid work ethic.
More about the position:
Potential Career Opportunities
- Next levels: Office Manager, Cashier Manager and Warehouse Manager.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Sitting for 8 hours.
- Able to type at a computer terminal for a period of 8 hours.
Our offering includes
- Competitive compensation and benefit package
- Potential for Profit Sharing
- Employee Shopping Discounts
- Flexible work hours
- Learning and Development opportunities
- Reward and Recognition Program
- A culture of performance & accountability
- A supportive and positive team environment
Background Check Requirements:
As a condition of employment, this position may be subject to the successful completion of the following pre-employment conditions:
- Employment Verification
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Canadian Tire stores are owned and operated by independent Associate Dealers. Each Canadian Tire store has the sole and exclusive right to interview, select, hire and train their staff.